2011 - Year of small business and entrepreneurship
The Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
In order to implement a wide range of targeted measures to create favorable conditions for further development of small businesses and entrepreneurship as an important factor of the middle class property owners, the active driving force in the way of progress of the country, filling the domestic market competitive and quality products, creating new jobs and on this basis, increase incomes, improve living standards, as well as in connection with the announcement in the Republic of Uzbekistan 2011 of the Year of small business and entrepreneurship:
1. Approve the State program "Year of small business and entrepreneurship" in according to the appendix aimed to:
- creation in the whole country and regions the most favorable business environment, further improvement of legislation aimed at strengthening priority of private property, to ensure its safe warranties, providing greater freedom of enterprise, reduction of state management functions and licensing rules, elimination of bureaucratic barriers and obstacles, introduction of market-based instruments and mechanisms to ensure wide access of small businesses to credit and financial resources and raw materials, government orders for the goods they produce;
- scale reduction of government intervention and regulatory authorities in the financial and economic activities of businesses;
- further simplification of procedures for the establishment and registration of small businesses and entrepreneurs to take concrete actions to address the construction and connection of small businesses in engineering and communication networks, allocation of non-residential premises and the necessary land;
- establishment of maximum favorable conditions, privileges and preferences on tax and other payments for small business and entrepreneurship, improvement and harmonization of reporting systems and mechanisms of delivery of reports in the financial, tax and statistical authorities;
- further improvement of mechanism and increase of crediting of small and private businesses, in the first the credits for investment purposes, the formation of starting capital and long-term loans for modernization and technological renovation of production;
- wide involvement and direction for small business development of foreign investment, primarily concessional loans from international financial institutions and direct investment;
- creating opportunities for development of small and private businesses in the industries and organization of modern high-tech industries, promote the introduction into production by small and private businesses of innovative technologies;
- cardinal issues to enhance the participation of small and private businesses in foreign trade activities, assistance in enhancing their export capacity, promotion of exports to regional and world markets;
- further development of information and advice to small businesses and entrepreneurship, as well as issues of training, retraining and skills development.
2. Entrust the Republican committee, formed in accordance with the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated December 14, 2010 № P 3539, with the organization and monitoring of the State program "Year of small business and entrepreneurship."
Establish in the Republic of Karakalpakstan and the regions corresponding territorial commissions, headed by the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and khokims of regions, entrust they with personally responsible for the unconditional and quality implementation in a timely manner in the regions of the activities envisaged in the Programme.
In this case, special attention to be paid to:
- specific changes in matters related to opening their own business entrepreneurs;
- improving conditions and reducing the time for connecting small businesses and entrepreneurship to engineering and communications networks - electricity, gas and water supply, heat supply, and others;
- how much the situation has improved with the release of land for business subjects, as well as non-residential premises;
- how the status of reduction in inspections and other unnecessary restrictions on the activities of small businesses, government intervention and regulatory authorities in the financial and economic activities of entrepreneurs is changing;
- how much the status of the allocation of commercial bank loans to small businesses and entrepreneurship was changed.
3. To the Republican Commission on State program "Year of small business and entrepreneurship" (Mirziyoyev Sh.M.):
- for two-week period to ensure of development and adoption of republican agencies of state administration and enterprises, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, Khokimiyats of regions and Tashkent city, and other organizations of regional and sectoral programs of the "Year of small business and entrepreneurship" for each of on ministries and departments, regions, cities, districts and localities;
- provide coordination at the republican level of public agencies and enterprises, state authorities and other organizations to total completion, qualitative and timely implementation of the sections and paragraphs of the State program "Year of small business and entrepreneurship”, to establish the systematic monitoring of the implementation of activities included in the program;
- quarterly review in the meetings of the Cabinet of the Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan the materials on implementation of the state programme;
- at the end of quarter submit to the Apparat of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan information on implementation under of the state programme "Year of small business and entrepreneurship”.
4. Attaching great importance to the growth of exports of products manufactured by small and private businesses, the State Committee of Statistics of the Republic of Uzbekistan jointly with the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade, State Customs Committee:
- introduce the forms of statistical reports on import and export of goods and services with separate section indices of exports of goods and services produced by small businesses and entrepreneurship;
- quarterly submit to the Cabinet of the Ministers the report about volume and structure of exports of goods and services produced by small businesses and entrepreneurship.
5. Uzbek Agency for Press and Information, National Information Agency, National Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan, mass media provide:
- a wide explanation among population, especially of businesses sphere, the goals and objectives of the State program "Year of small business and entrepreneurship”;
- regular coverage of the implementation of the state programme with reflection the specific contribution of public administration and enterprises, state authorities and other organizations in implementation of measures stipulated in it.
6. The control for implementation of this decree is assigned to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan Mirziyoyev Sh.M.
President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov
Tashkent, February 7, 2011.
- 2015 year - Year of Care for the Senior Generation
- 2014 year - Year of healthy child
- 2012 - Year of the family
- 2011 - Year of small business and entrepreneurship